Overview of job
Wavemaker is an agency of GroupM, the world’s largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for a Business Director to lead strategy communication for a leading OTT media service provider. The core job will be synthesis of all data sources to draft & execute Market development strategies that encompasses – Partnerships, Innovations & Impact.
At GroupM APAC, our people are our strength, which is why fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion is important to us.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Client Lead
3 best things about the job:
- You get to work on super fun, global, iconic brand
- Be part of a regional / global strategy team of the client
- Role that allows individual and team level contributions
In this role, your goals will be:
In three months:
- Present brand and product strategies on the brand
- Understand the Wavemaker way of working and be able to navigate through the verticals
In six months:
- Developed and see at least 3 key product strategies being implemented
- To execute “media first” innovations on each of the projects
In twelve months:
- Understood the group’s vision of ‘Data centric and Digitally charged’ and its implication on business
- Worked on award entries, which GroupM leads our industry
What your day job looks like at Wavemaker:
- You will closely monitor and interpret industry & consumer trends + intelligence to derive insights relevant for brand initiatives.
- You will also guide teams to track category developments and encourage them to incorporate strategic brand-led thinking in business-as-usual delivery.
- Communicates and embed learning to increase the impact of insights into action
- Communicates complex ideas/insights in a way that all are able to understand and apply
- Provide strategy communications and planning leadership on your set of businesses in various product categories for the client
- Partners with the portfolio teams to clearly articulate the specific TGs and their needs.
- To work with the client and agency portfolio teams to develop the portfolio plans and strategy, much before the brief is developed and shared with agency.
- Develop creative ideas and disruptive comms innovations for the client aligned with their business, customer and brand goals
- Help business meet its sales & revenue targets
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to conceptualize and institute consumer surveys
- Ability to evaluate market reactions to advertising programs, merchandising, product packaging and formulation to suggest changes in strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions
- Familiarity with content as a marketing tool is desirable
- Exposure to leading techniques and tools of in the areas of Marketing, Brand Planning, Research (qualitative and quantitative), Consulting.
- Strong understanding & passion for of brands and consumers
- Highly passionate, collaborative, outgoing, creative media leader and thinker
- Strong presentation skills
- Highly articulate, story-telling capability
- Self-motivated, proactive, highly organized, and drives for business results with urgency
- Able to design, implement, and analyze primary consumer research with minimal supervision
- MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing / Social Sciences strongly preferred
- 10+ years’ experience
- Prior work experience in or exposure to Account / Strategy Planning
More about Wavemaker
Wavemaker is a billion dollar-revenue next generation agency that sits at the intersection of media, content and technology. We are obsessed with the customer’s purchase journey and is what connects our mission directly to our client’s business challenges. We invented WM Momentum, the world’s most comprehensive study into how people make purchase decisions and have conducted over 375,000 surveys in 70 markets and across more than 30 categories. We are a business that is powered by the creativity and curiosity of our 8,500 people in 90 countries, united by our PACED values. We are a part of GroupM, WPP’s global media investment management company.
For more information, go to www.wavemakerglobal.com
Digital media advertising in India continues to grow at 30% in 2017, cementing India’s position as the second largest internet market with close to 450 million users. The Internet growth is driven by mobile data and connectivity, making it an exciting market for all integrated marketing services, fueled by the collective market investment in data and technology. With a booming economy, both traditional and new age industries are witnessing a boost in consumption, making India a high potential advertising market. With renewed foreign investments across several industries, India is an exciting market for any advertising professional.