GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Manufacturing team, the NDT testing expert is responsible for establishing an efficient and continually improving In process quality systems as per EN 15085. This person will own developing and executing the NDT plan – in process quality inspection plan to address the key Quality deliverables in the project including analysis.
- The position will report to the Quality Manager-Loco
- Responsible to carry out inspection processes in PT, Radiography, and UT and other NDT processes. Coordinate with NDT Level III for interpretation of the results.
- Work closely with NDT / Quality system teams to develop and implement EN 15085 procedures: understand requirements for certification, timing, and own all improvement actions necessary to obtain certifications,
- Coordinate for Quality training needs. Facilitate, train, and coach cross-functional employees in the use of quality tools as appropriate
- Initiate the continual improvement through quality audit programs, through the assessment / screening of various sources of non-conformances and by driving the implementation or corrective actions identified through Root Cause Analysis for in process improvements.
- Develop & Monitor all quality parameters (NDT) for in process & quality equipment’s. Implementation of a comprehensive communication plan to support the quality strategy and establish a climate that encourages an open communication for employees to exchange ideas / suggestions
1. Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
2. First Class Diploma in Mechanical/Welding Engineering with NDT – I / II certified as per EN 9712
3. 2-3 Years of Experience in Engineering industry (Fabrication / Railway industry using NDT extensively) – with firsthand experience with a Quality Management system
4. Working knowledge of EN 15085 and its application in a complex business. Requirements of implementation.
1. Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
2. Strong organizational skills, MS office skills
3. Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously and Ability to work in a matrix organization.
4. Strong interpersonal and leadership
Locations: India; Pune