UI Developer Job at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in Bengaluru, Karnataka
As a Tuxedo developer, you’ll join a tightknit, global team that takes pride in writing quality code and cares about their team members. We are leaders in front-end development with the opportunity to make a large impact across the company. Team decisions are made collaboratively, and we empower our developers to tackle any piece of work, regardless of skill level or background. We believe in supporting each other’s career growth, so 10% of each week is set aside for developers to learn independently.
On any given day, you might:
- Build a new feature, define new architecture, or fix an unexpected bug using modern tools (including Angular, React, Sass, and TypeScript)
- Represent Tuxedo in the wider Chase community as a leader in front-end development
- Use the four hours per week all developers are allocated to learn something new
- Flex your design thinking skills working directly with Tuxedo UX designers and researchers to build better products
- Answer questions on Stack Overflow and engage with developers who use Tuxedo
- Pair with or mentor other Tuxedo developers
- Participate in regular Scrum meetings and help set strategic direction for Tuxedo
- Attend virtual social events and user experience training as a part of the wider UX community
We’re looking for a front-end developer with:
- Proven ability to architect front-end solutions and provide technical direction
- A passion for creative problem solving and creating complex components and UIs
- Demonstrated team leadership and mentoring skills
- An understanding of the importance of creating accessible/WCAG conformant products
- A strong belief in building an inclusive, psychologically safe team environment
- A user experience mindset and familiarity with working closely with UX professionals
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills
- A healthy respect for work life balance
Nice to haves:
- Automated testing experience (Jest, Jasmine, Protractor, Cypress, or similar)
- Proficiency with WCAG conformance and the ability to apply that to development practices
- Familiarity with Atomic Design. Past experience building a component library following Atomic Design principles a plus
- Strong comprehension of the philosophies behind Agile and Scrum
- Experience with modern design software such as Figma or similarJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Company: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Company Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka