Treasury Settlements & Reconciliation Specialist Job at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in Bengaluru, Karnataka
The Treasury Operations team has the responsibility for ensuring that the operations and settlement of business activities is carried out on a daily basis in line with the JPMC and line of business policies and procedures. Individual members of the team are required to have a firm understanding of the products and information flows of the various systems, the reconciliation and substantiation tools, the auditing standards, analytical, and strong communication skills to coordinate the resolution of the transaction posting errors, breaks, and reconciling items across various teams in the firm. The team coordinate and collaborate extensively with line of business finance, product owners, JPMC Ops teams, and technology functions to fulfil their responsibilities.
The Treasury Operations team will also manage suspense accounts and clear the transactions in each of the Suspense accounts in line with the JPMC accounting policies and standards. The team will discharge this responsibility by liaising with the banking operation teams and obtaining sufficient information on the cases to ensure that appropriate determinations are made.
Necessary payments outside the firm will also be provided by the Treasury Operations Team on a very secure level with the highest standards.
- Treasury Operations specialist will be responsible for timely and accurate settlement of JP Morgan’s settlement obligations. This will involve (but not limited to) –
- Daily review of the reconciliations process, analysis of the reconciling items, investigation into the Firm’s books and records to identify the resolution, initiate action to resolve the items, and complete necessary documentation and communication of the outcome.
- Daily review of the sub-ledger reconciliations process, analysis of the reconciling items, investigation into the Firm’s books and records to identify the resolution, initiate action to resolve the items, and complete necessary documentation and communication of the outcome.
- Daily review of the settlement files received from the agents against the Firm’s books and records to substantiate the amounts against the agreed calculation mechanics and issue settlement instructions.
- Daily review of the feeds from the line of business to the banking platform for the booking of fees and charges to ensure the accounting is in line with the accounting schema agreed by the business.
- Production of necessary reports on a periodic as well as ad-hoc basis required by the regulatory requirements or management information.
- Daily review and investigate on suspense accounts
- fulfil payments on a daily basis to 3rd parties
- Responding to audit queries from external and internal auditors, providing necessary audit trail and documentation to support the work performed.
- Acting as a point of contact for Finance and Product teams
- Relevant knowledge and experience, ideally in a back office, middle office, operations or similar function of a banking/financial services organisation 2 + year experience
- Knowledge and understanding of banking platforms, reconciliation tools, and systems
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and processes
- Diverse product knowledge, with an ability to develop an understanding of new products
- Ability to work under considerable time pressure, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and quality
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills to analyse the information, identify the problems, and work towards finding the solutions
- Ability to partner and influence across businesses and other support groups
- Control focus and mind-set at all times, whilst respectively challenging the status quo
- Attention to detail whilst being cognizant of materiality levels
- A relevant degree, accounting, or financial qualification would be beneficialJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Company: JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Company Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka