Software Engineering – Performance Engineer Job at JPMorgan Chase in Hyderabad, Telangana
As a Performance Engineer, you will be dedicated to developing, executing and analyzing performance tests. The Performance Engineer will also work directly with local and remote applications teams to carry out different types of performance tests such as load test, stress test and endurance tests. This position requires strong deductive reasoning, attention to detail, persistence, patience and creativity. The individual will work with Developers, Business Analyst, Database Administrators, Network Engineers, and support teams to analyze develop, maintain and execute performance testing procedures.
As a Performance Engineer, must have
End to end Performance testing capabilities
- Very Strong Scripting capabilities – Both LR/PC & JMeter/Blazemeter
- Good Understanding of Load runner/Perf Center/Blazemeter
- Splunk/Log Analysis is recommended
- Trouble shooting capabilities
- Dynatrace pure path analysis is good to have
- DevTest virtualization tool expertize is good to have
Day – Day Activities:–
Post Identifying application/component to be transitioned to AD partners, Below activities will be targeted by said resource
- Analyzing requirements and identifying impacts & script changes
- Create LR / Jmeter scripts
- Prepare / modify load models and Test plan
- Design and execute various performance testing scenarios
- Troubleshoot as needed using Splunk, Dynatrace and Mainview
- Collaborate with global team and stakeholders continously
- Prepare test reports and publish to the stakeholders
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Can individually work on entire lifecycle of performance testing that includes preparing performance test cases, development of performance testing scripts, performance test execution, analyzing the * * results and troubleshooting the identified issues.
- Design, develop, and execute detail oriented test scripts and test cases using test plans based on project requirements.
- Performing testing, including system testing, regression testing, and stress/load testing.
- Tracks and communicates task progress, status and key performance metrics. Report on metrics that are out of defined boundaries diligently, promptly, and accurately, using standard defect tracking tools.
- Proficient with HP Load Runner & Apache Jmeter with WEB/SOAP/MQ protocols.
- Communicate with development, project management, and customer stakeholders where necessary.
- Perform data analysis when needed to analyze issues in Performance and/or Production environments.
- Analyze data and application changes and document their impact on the system.
- Communicates with confidence to internal customers.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- 3-5 years of experience & Strong understanding of Performance testing life cycle & best practices
- Familiar with Splunk, Dynatrace, LoadRunner, APIs, Webservices, Microservice architecture
- Strong Scripting capabilities – Both JMeter/Blazemeter
- Sharp learning curve to understand Complex systems and come up with potential solutions
- Strong troubleshooting /problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative Integrated Performance environment.
- Simulation tools like Devtest/Java mocks would be added advantage
Company: JPMorgan Chase
Company Location: Hyderabad, Telangana