Electrical – Senior Engineer Job at Bechtel in New Delhi, Delhi
- A recognized degree in electrical engineering discipline, from an accredited college or university.
- Relevant work experience of over 10 years in FEED, proposal & detailed engineering preferably in an EPC industry for large industrial plants, power projects, utilities, oil and gas plants.
- Responsible for assigned activities in electrical engineering discipline. Applies broad and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to project engineering. Makes decisions independently concerning problems within the discipline on the project. Represents the discipline on the project and with the client to resolve technical questions and as required to coordinate work.
- Profession certification is preferrable
A. Supervision Received
Receives operational supervision and technical guidance from Chief Engineer.
B. Supervision Exercised
Supervises and provides technical direction to subordinate engineers, specialists, designers and drafters as assigned.
Maintains contacts with client representatives as directed, with suppliers, appropriate field personnel and other disciplines to ensure the coordination of the work within the project or assignment and compliance with Bechtel/client requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work within a discipline on a project or assignment in a global business unit.
2. Supervises the day-to-day technical work of discipline engineers, specialists, designers and drafters.
3. Conducts annual performance reviews for direct reports in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussions.
4. Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
5. Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to meet schedule dates.
6. Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain their approval on phases of work.
7. Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline.
8. Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups.
9. Ensures that engineers supervised receive appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
10. Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
Extensive Knowledge of electrical system studies and conversant with short circuit, load flow, motor starting & voltage drop calculations, main single line diagram, protection & metering diagrams, relay setting & protection coordination of the system, Emergency Diesel Generator Sizing, Underground cable sizing, Grounding.
Should possess good knowledge of international codes & standards.
Should have worked on equipment sizing, specifications, MR preparation, technical bid evaluation and vendor print reviews of various electrical equipment like Switchyard, Generator Step-Up Transformer, Busduct, MV & LV switchgear, MCCs, power & distribution transformers, DC systems / UPS, Cables, generator circuit breaker, bus duct, lighting fixtures.
Vendor Prints Review of Mechanical packages.
Preparation of three Line Diagrams & Logic Diagrams for Generator, Generator Step-up Transformer, Unit Auxiliary Transformer, Generator Circuit Breaker, Switchyard, Overall Single Line Diagrams
Should be conversant with electrical layouts like raceways, lighting, grounding & lightning protection, Switchyard layouts etc.
Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods, inter discipline coordination.
Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
Skill in oral and written communication, demonstrated skill in leadership.
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com
Company Location: New Delhi, Delhi