Business lawyer (contract & IP) Job at Believe in Mumbai, Maharashtra
Created in 2005, believe is the leader of the digital audio and video distribution for artists and independant labels.
With more than 1000 employees working in 45 pays, the Group distributes over 30% of the volume of digital music in the world and has an average growth of 30% in the last 10 years.
Believe mission is: « Best serve and develop all artists with care, transparency, fairness, expertise and innovation, in all local markets around the world”.
Want to work in a dynamic company, with entrepreneurial mindset and that places human in the heart of its strategy? Believe is made for you !
You will be in charge of managing the legal matters of the affiliated companies of the Believe Group in India, mostly in contract and IP law. You will ensure the Group’s templates of contract and the Group’s processes are applied.
In practical terms, your tasks and responsabilities shall be:
- Implement the guidelines, processes and policies decided by the Group, as adapted if needed to comply with the Indian local laws, and control they are applied;
- Propose for improvements of such guidelines, policies and process, to ensure they always comply with legal requirements;
- Negotiate contracts with local customers (artists and music labels) or providers, in accordance with the Group guidelines;
- Assist on corporate life of the affiliated companies of the Group located in India and on local corporate operations;
- Legal monitoring on Indian law, interface of the Group for any matter related to Indian law an prevention of risks.
In this framework, you will report in solid line to the Believe General Manager in India and in dotted line to the General Counsel of Believe based at the holding (in France). You will work on a day to day basis with people located in India and with the Central Legal Department located in France.
You will have a proactive approach and will pay constant attention to support the needs and deployment of the Group, while you will protect its interests. The working environment is Indian and international, with an huge growth and ongoing restructuring.
Your are known for your leadership and your organizational skills. You are thorough, autonomous and have good adaptation skills. You have a proven aptitude for management and reporting and are used to working with Groups headquartered out of India. Your inter-personal skills enable you to communicate with many persons, at different levels of the Group in India and abroad.
If you think the job is made for you, Apply now !
- Diploma : Master degree in IP law and contract law
- Work experience : minimum 10 years as a lawyer in an international Group, with a large background on entertainment and music. You are exepenriences on contract processing and deployment and control of Group processes.
- Fluent English is essential (written and spoken), with legal practice. English is the main language used within the Group.
Company Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra