AML Analyst Job at Barclays – in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Location : Chennai
The role holder will be responsible for conducting dedicated and robust AML investigations. They will have a detailed and thorough understanding of the Corporate Banks Policy and requirements. Take responsibility for maintaining the high standards of accuracy, up to date client information during all stages of the client relationship in order to protect the Bank and our clients from Financial Crime. Use strong problem solving and team working skills to resolve complex, high priority cases whilst ensuring the Banks regulatory requirements are always met. Use strong communication skills to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders. Use a high level of attention to detail to complete tasks ‘right first time’ every time.
What will you be doing?
- Conducting thorough investigations on alerts whilst managing and prioritising caseload.
- Proactively contacting required teams / banks to obtain customer information relating to alerts received whilst adhering to strict controls.
- Perform necessary training and keep up to date with any changes to policy to be appropriately trained and skilled in order to effectively carry out duties.
- Ensure all activity is delivered in accordance with processes, procedures, and the control framework in place.
- Notify to management any opportunities to improve processes, procedures or controls.
What we’re looking for :
- To have, or the ability to develop, a strong understanding of Financial Crime regulations and policies (AML, Sanctions, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption).
- To have independent decision making and the ability to make risk based recommendations on a customer relationship case based on available evidence.
- To have strong written communication skills and the ability to write reports/reviews that can be presented to senior stakeholders and Financial Crime.
- Proven experience in undertaking direct client contact face to face meetings, phone calls and emails.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of the legislation that affects Barclays and our clients including Data protection Act, Financial Services Act, Money Laundering and confidentiality regulators.
Skills that will help you in the role
- Will have previously worked in an environment that has enabled them to gain a broad understanding of Financial Services/AML and Sanctions policies.
- Will have strong Stakeholder management experience and the ability to influence others positively.
- Good knowledge of operational risk requirements and standards applicable to the relevant processes and procedures.
- Be a motivated, high-performing individual with proven experience of working at one with other colleagues, to achieve and often beat their objectives and assist others in doing so.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference..
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Company: Barclays –
Company Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu